Jan 1, 2013

Batch Stabilize Footage

I had 240 video clips that I wanted to run stabilization on so I wrote this nifty script for After Effects that will take all your selected footage items, build comps for them, apply the warp stabilizer, and add them to the render queue. You have to then wait for the image stabilzation to process in the background for all the footage before it will render, which took an extremely long time with all the footage I was using.

At the top of the script there's a place to use a render settings template of your choice to apply to all of the comps in the render queue.

If you don't know how to install and run scripts in After Effects, read this.

One last word of caution. Running this script on 240 files crippled my machine and I ended up having to do it on chunks of 50 or so to keep things stable. It ate up all of the RAM and had trouble even just saving the file because of all the warp stabilizers.


UPDATE: I updated the file with Ryan McManimie's fix in the comments. I changed "Warp Stabilizer" to "Warp Stabilizer VFX".

10 Comments:

Unknown

for those who do not have AE - ProDAD Mercalli is the best choice. Batch stabilization and fast rendering

Anonymous

I'm getting this error when trying to use this in the latest version of AE: 'cannot add a property with name "Warp Stabilizer" to this property group' on line 40. Any idea?

Anonymous

Nevermind. Need to change to "Warp Stabilizer VFX" in the script. Seems like it's working. Thanks.

Olga Mishyna

Hi, is your script working in CC? I changed to "Warp Stabilizer VFX", but script doesn't wait until it is actually applied and saves videos with blue line "Ananlyzing in background (Step1 of 2). I thought I might need to wait a bit longer, but even over the night nothing changed... still blue line there as part of an image. Can you please help with this issue? Thanks

Tyler Hurd

Hi Olga, if you read in my description I say:

"One last word of caution. Running this script on 240 files crippled my machine and I ended up having to do it on chunks of 50 or so to keep things stable. It ate up all of the RAM and had trouble even just saving the file because of all the warp stabilizers."

So depending on your machine maybe you have to do even smaller batches? I stopped working in AE awhile ago so I'm not sure I can help.

Unknown

Do you simply select all the files you want to stabilize in your browser window then begin the script?

Unknown

Do you simply select all the files you want to stabilize in your browser window then begin the script?

Rodrigo

I want to change maximum scale, tanks for your script, its perfect also woks fine here.

Ryan's Blogs

So, it has been a while since this was posted, but I would love to use it, but it is still erroring out like above. "cannot add a property with name "Warp Stabilizer" to this property group' on line 40" I am using CC 2019 v16.1.3

Unknown

r280s8qbpnd520 wolf dildo,dog dildo,sex toys,sex dolls,sex chair,couples sexy toys,vibrators,sex chair,dildos k314m6qretm572

Post a Comment